Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Happy, Sweet, New Year to You!

Things are crazy here as we prepare for Rosh Hashana. I got a babysitter for 3 hours today, which expires in 28 minutes. It's a 20 minute ride back home, so this will be quick.

We are having a Rosh Hashana meal here in the synagogue on Tuesday evening. We hired a chef. Then we had to buy more glasses, plates. Still not sure about tableclothes and cutlery. At the last minute we decided to buy real ones, but time is running out. . .

So someone bought a whole buch of plates, and then toiveled them, but unfortunately the stickers were all left on - 2 on each plate, so those need to be redone.

On the home front, my honey cake is made. Full stop. And I made my challah dough. So we have a long night ahead of us.

Mendel has been walking around singing "Dip the apple in the honey. . ." We've been practicing all week. And on Friday he tasted real honey from my 3 kilogram container, which he declared to be 'yummy'. So much for the Mommy preschool.

So, to quote our favorite song
"leshana tova u'mesuka
have a happy sweet new year!"
(hurraaaaay! [clap hands])

1 comment:

Russi said...

I haven't checked this in a long time... thanks for the reminder and keep posting!
And by the way, if you want any more Tishrei songs for Mendel, let me know and I'll e-mail them to you- Yisroel learned some really cute ones in school this year (if I'm lucky maybe I can even get a video of him singing and send you that)!

Missing you,
Love Russi

p.s.- at the most random moments, Yisroel has been saying, you know what Tatty said? Mendel- trying to put on a Russian accent, like Donny was trying to do when you guys were here :_)