Thursday, September 11, 2008

Future building plans

Yisroel and I met with our architect yesterday. It's pretty exciting to see real life plans for our synagogue and center. It still needs lots of work, and fine-tuning, but it is neat nonetheless to see our vision coming to being, on paper, or computer, at least.

The exterior has been redesigned, and is really nice now. I'd like to post a picture, but I'd have to scan it into the scanner and I have 17 more minutes until I have to leave the synagogue, so we'll save that for another time. We have all sorts of quirks, like the old building that can only be preserved, not changed at all. And a really small amount of space into which we'd like to fit a huge amount of stuff.

They have an awesome architect-computer program, where you can add wall, move them down, and construct all sorts of neat things. So that was neat to see.

And I begged a favor from a friend, who babysat for 2 and 1/2 hours while I GOT OUT OF THE HOUSE! Now that was exciting.

No comments: