Sunday, January 11, 2009

A success!

Thursday was my Women's Club. That is not a grammatical mistake. My entire Thursday centered and revolved around my club, which was, thank G-d an unqualified success.

Plenty of people showed up - in fact, given that the event took place in my living room, I don't think we could have handled more. The atmosphere was just amazing, really warm and bonding. We learned about (drum roll here) mezuzah (never would have guessed, huh?) which was, apparently inspiring enough for 3 women to take out their wallets and purchase mezuzahs for their home. We gave charity and prayed for the Jewish people in Israel, and the soldiers fighting for them. And then we sculpted. That was really awesome. This sculptor is a big professional (despite her lack of professionalism as evidenced by taking on a lecture that was supposed to happen the same time as my club, forcing us to push off the club for an hour, and then nevertheless arriving VERY late) whose pieces are found in museums. More importantly, she knows how to teach, so he showed us how to sculpt mezuzah cases, gave lots of tips and advice, and then sat back and let the ladies have fun. I was the bad student. I was really busy talking to everyone, that I missed all the instructions. Then I had to get up, and say goodbye as the first people left, then take care of my kids . . . My mezuzah case came out ok considering all the mediating factors.

But the program was REALLY successful, and everyone is talking about how they can't wait for the next one (which is, thank G-d, a month away).

My only regret is that our camera went missing in action, and I have no pictures to prove to you just how amazing it really was. You'll have to take my word for it on this one.

No comments: