Friday, February 20, 2009

Wishing you a wonderful Shabbos!

We are doing well here, Shabbos-wise, all things considered. This is due in no small part to me waking up in the wee hours of the morning to start the kugel and the soup. Mendel was absolutely thrilled to have fresh kugel for breakfast. I just hope there is some left for Shabbos. I made two pies, which Mendel was eying eagerly. I hope they are still around when I get back to the house. As far as guests - not really sure yet. As usual.

I misplaced (doesn't that word sound so much better than lost?) my registration card, which one recieves upon setting foot on the holy soil of Russia, and is supposed to hold on to until departure. Oddly enough, I have everyone else's cards, and our papers that we received about registering our presence in Vladivostok.

So, of course, there is a procedure to be followed when one loses a registration card. It must be reported within three days, and a new card can be obtained at that time. So today, I went with our secretary to the immigration offices to obtain a new card. It was a relatively painless procedure, although we did get yelled at by various secretaries, as per the norm.

I am now the proud owner of a new registration card. That means that I should have no problems leaving the country next Wednesday. Please G-d.

Have a great Shabbos!

No comments: