Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Winter Blues

Have you ever tried to type with gloves on? It's hard - a pretty slow process. Punching it out letter by letter.

It is cold today. I have to admit that it has been colder; today was not cold enough to numb the face. Still, weather.com says that in Vladivostok today, it is 16°F and feels like 2°F with winds gusting to 25 mph. In Celcius, which somehow sound better, that is-9°C and feels like -17°C.

The problem is not outside though. The problem is that we have cut heating in the synagogue, do to the financial crisis. The temperature here is at a steady 2°C, or just above the freezing mark, which means like I can either type like a normal person as my fingers slowly start to freeze, or type with gloves on.

Mendel and I went on a walk today. He was really dressed for the weather. I think I did well today. Only one old lady told me that it was too cold for him. Usually, I get that comment from 5 to 6 people. When we first moved here, I had one old woman tell me that I was not his mother - couldn't be, because I did not cover his ears. And have you ever heard of a mother who doesn't cover her baby's ears? Ludicrous!

I do not like winter. Only 3 more months until it starts to thaw.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are starting to sound like your shvigger. Want to do a quick trip to Florida together?!!

Alizah said...

how bout a quick trip to Vladivostok? I think we can find some cross-country skiing here