Friday, June 20, 2008

A good Shabbos to you

Wishing you a great Shabbos!

This is going to be a short one - I shouldn't really be on the computer right now. I am in the synagogue at the moment. Every Friday we have a 'kabbalat Shabbat' program for seniors. They learn about the Torah portion for an hour, make kiddush - okay, it's a bit early in the afternoon, but they enjoy it - and eat a 'Shabbat meal'. It's mostly elderly people, but there are always a few young people who enjoy the scene.

Attendance ranges from 15 people to 50 on an average week. Mendel is here with me today, and, obviously, he is the highlight of the event. As I type this, Yisroel is singing Lecho Dodi. I think Sholom Aleichem is next, and I should join, as I haven't made it for this event in a long time. I am usually at home preparing for Shabbos.

So have a great Shabbos, and check in after for a new post, hopefully.

No comments: